Shorewood Christian School, desiring to maintain its high standard of academic excellence and its Christ-centered environment, has established the following requirements for admission:
- Parents must support the school in its Bible-based philosophy of education.
- Students must desire to attend Shorewood Christian School and willingly submit to the school’s authority, policies, and practices.
- Students must be successful in the academic program proposed for him/her at SCS. We are not staffed to help students that require specialized instruction.
- Parents will be honorable in the fulfillment of financial and time commitments made to the school. All accounts must be paid prior to re-enrollment.
- All aspects of the application must be filled out completely.
- Students will take an academic screening test or, if going into kindergarten, a reading readiness test to help determine grade placement.
- Application/testing and registration fees must be paid (non-refundable).
To apply to Shorewood Christian School, please request an admissions packet from the school office, or review our school information and download and print admission forms from our web site. After reviewing the information, please submit the following to the school office:
- Registration fee (see Tuition Rates and Fees)
- Testing fee
- Completed New Family Info form
- Completed Financial Commitment form
- Completed Policy Commitment form
- Completed New Student Application (one per student)
- Completed Medical Emergency & Assumption of Risk forms (one per student)
- Completed Immunization Status form (one per student)
- Copy of original birth certificate (Kindergarten students only)
- Copy of current year’s report card
- 7th-12th Grade Student Application form (to be completed by student)
- 7th-12th Grade Student Commitment form (to be completed by student)
After the required fees and forms are received, a readiness/achievement test and a meeting with the principal for a personal admissions interview may be scheduled. After the interview, you will be notified about the decision made regarding admitting your student(s) to the school.
Shorewood Christian School admits students of any race, color, national, and ethnic origin to all of the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national, and ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship, loan programs, athletic, and other school administered programs.
Shorewood Christian School is accredited through NCPSA and Accreditation International.